Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new guy here, i just picked up the above snow blower for free. 100% it was never used or started...i know it's not a top-of-the-line machine but it does start, runs and does everything very well. I'm told it's MTD manufactured with a powermore engine which i understand is a Honda clone? doesn't seem to be any grease fittings anywhere ..is there anything that i should grease? also, I'm trying to find the year of manufacture, any info about this machine is much appreciated .thanks

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Reactions: cvs070

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wish i could post a pic or two but i don't have a way to do it... yes it was free, my boss had it in his warehouse and said someone gave it to him years ago and he didn't want it, so i ran with it...i do have a 1972 bolens large frame that i plow snow with but this small snowblower it will sure help with doing the side walks

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
wish i could post a pic or two but i don't have a way to do it...
It's pretty easy to do it with this forum software. Do you have the pics on your computer? If so, do you know how to right-click on an image using File Explorer to copy and paste?

By using the Copy option in File Explorer, the forum software now has the image and is ready to be used.

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

Font Sky Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Easy way.
Click the insert image box
go to your picture on the computer and double click on it.
it is in.

Mountain Bedrock Shorts Highland Outdoor recreation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll try to do the pictures as soon as i get time...one other thing that has me puzzled, the bottom of the machine is wide open, the gear and belt would be exposed to snow, dirt whatever,,,that doesn't seem good to me at all, should i try to make some sort of cover, by the way there doesn't appear to have been a a cover or a way to attach it

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Most belly pans (bottom inspection cover) slide into the frame and then a couple bolts on the back of the frame/housing secure it.

Yes, if you don't have one, you can either order a new one, or just make your own and paint it easy enough. You certainly want to protect the drive/belt area.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
It appears your machine has the dreaded, disposable plastic transmission, these machines did not come with a belly pan.

Toy Rotorcraft Machine Event Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts