Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hope all is well. I'm currently stuck at the moment and need some input. The snow blower has sat for a couple years so I drained the old fuel, cleaned the carb (replaced a couple years back), replaced the gas cap, and replaced the spark plug. The snow blower will start but stall 3 seconds after. At this point, I'm not sure what else I can replace to get it to run. Any input would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Using primer?
Using Choke?
Do you have electric start?
How deep did you go on the carb cleaning?
Fuel in the tank?
Fuel shut off open?
Is the muffler in place and in good shape?
Does it feel like it has good compression?
Are all the kill wires secure and intact?

I could go on for awhile but you can start there.

Reactions: 140278

·
2,394 Posts
welcome to the SBF

repeat check all of the above, as it sounds like it's not getting fuel , shutoff closed? dirt clogging the needle seat area
can't let anything sit with ethanol gas in them without getting problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback! Using the primer and choke. It does have electric start. I took out the carb, removed the float bowl, removed the float, and inspected that area. I blew some compressed air through the holes that fuel would go through. Upon removing the carb for the second time, it was pretty evident that it gets fuel. I have fresh fuel in the tank. I don't believe my model has a fuel shut off switch. Muffler is in great shape. Kill wires are in tact. I'm assuming it has to deal with compression. I'll research how to test compression and see if that's the issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Someone else will have to chime in here but be aware some engines have a compression relief that will make testing more difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.