Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an almost new Craftsman Snowblower for our son. It had the light glass installed in the console and two wires going into a block under the gas tank but no harness or bulb socket. Sure it was robbed from the unit when Sears went down in Canada. I ordered the socket and bulb and made up a double harness to the light. When I use the two wires coming out from the connector to the light the engine won't start. Unhook the light and it starts without any problem. Am I only to use one of those wires under the gas tank and ground to the frame??? Please help before the white stuff arrives.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Welcome to SBF Stan. Without knowing what motor you have, I'll take a guess. If you have a volt meter, put one lead of the meter to a clean metal ground. Use the other meter lead to check each wire of the connector, with the engine running, and see what the meter shows. One wire may be DC voltage and the other AC voltage. If the light bulb is not an LED, AC voltage can be used to power it.
After finding the voltage, one light wire goes to a clean ground, the wire with the voltage to the switch that controls the light, or directly to the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts