Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well its my first post so be easy on me. I know nothing about snowblowers other than single Stage of 2-stage (or something like that).
Anyways I have 2 craiglist snowblowers (single stage) that I am interested in - I am not particually interested in my case for a 2 stage.

1 - Toro CCR2450 - owner said they never have had an issue with it and the pictures show that it looks great - although I have seen other CCR2450 that are the same model name but one looks new the other looks years older - the older one is the one I saw on CL for $200 (but they will take $180)
2 - Snapper (Simplicity) ss521E - 2 years old - CL for $200 SS521E. Its looks great and is still rather new.

Which one of the 2 would you choose.
I have my eye set on the Toro but being that its an older model (I know that maybe I should do carb cleanup) but I dont want to loose the chance on a 2 year old for about the same price.

Whats direction will you go?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Toro, but the only thing bad with that model is the crappy plastic carbs. Their are metal replacements , but their $100.

·
Registered
216 Posts
the toro's are awesome but the older models have a Suzuki engine with Mikuni carb and even a needle and seat replacement kit for the carb is $40. crazy expensive to service those older models Ccr's

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Toro, and welcome to the fourm

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Gotta go with Toro but not that one.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
hello rhdtv, welcome to SBF!! toro, the 2450 does not have a Suzuki motor

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Would be nice to see some photos of their condition. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I went wit the snapper. It was practically brand new - 2 years. It started on the first pull and auger was perfect condition. For 170 it seemed pretty decent. The Toro was a bit too old for about the same price.

Do these things get winterized? If so how? They had it tuned up by an authorized snapper dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts