Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I don't know that they're moving at those prices. They can ask for the moon but probably not getting it. I'm in the $100-200 market and every one of my postings has pics and an offer to demonstrate and business is discouragingly slow.

· Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i really don't see how this would be cringe worthy? just because they are mixing up hp and tq. at least they are not asking a ridiculous amount for it.
pretend for a moment that you're selling a snowblower with a similar displacement engine, but you correctly list the torque spec.

now, a imagine a prospective buyer asks what you what it converts to, and you answer the buyer (which would be ~6.5 horsepower).

which snowblower do you think that buyer would gravitate towards?

· Registered
4,772 Posts
which snowblower do you think that buyer would gravitate towards?
i don't think most buyers would care what the hp or torque ratings are unless they are familiar with snowblowers at which point they likely know when a seller is mixing up the torque with HP. most buyers generally want a clean shiny, new WORKING machine for cheap.

· Premium GOT Member
10,961 Posts
To be fair the majority of sellers just don't know what they are selling. yes, some do but I am constantly amazed that even Honda owners that have owned a TAS model do not evn know they have electric start.

Most don't even know how to check the oil. Most do not know what the numbers mean on the side of the bucket. I'm serious.

One guy was selling an Ariens snowblower with a Honda engine transplant ( quite common ) as a Honda in the ad without saying that it was a combo of the 2.

When pointing that out they sincerely did not know.

· Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Well used cheap Chinese light duty machine with 196cc engine, asking $500.00

Ad reads:
Cara pro snow blower
I'm selling my professional commercial snow blower. It's very powerful machine!!!!!!! Has electrical start and self propelled. I bought the new one. One-time pull to start . No any issue !!!!! Just did tune up !!!! Buy the machine ready for your snow winter . Only for serious person to buy.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I found this 8 year old video advertising Cara snow blowers, pricing at the time was $399.99.
They offer you a choice of Ariens orange, Toro red or CC yellow machines and warning, that creepy music in the video lingers long after the video is finished.

· Registered
4,772 Posts
I found this 8 year old video advertising Cara snow blowers, pricing at the time was $399.99.
I haven't seen them as often lately but I think they were $599 last time I seen them. Still cheap compared to to most of the brand name ones but most people selling them used are usually asking too much

21 - 40 of 42 Posts