Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might want to check your web server for malware. At login I got the "Critical Chrome Error" scam screen.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
just clicked on the toro area link up popped a screen saying microsoft virus call a 844 number and locked my unit up. couldn't grab a screen with the lockup fast hit of the restart button screen gone back to normal

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is usually due to an infected advertisement. Adverts don't come from the main site usually, they are provided by a third party server and security on these seems... neglected to say the least. That's the reason why I run an ad blocking add-on. Sure, most sites get revenues from third party ads, but too many advertisers lack security checks or took liberties to auto-start video ads or bigger than allowed ads. I had enough and blocked them all years ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is usually due to an infected advertisement. Adverts don't come from the main site usually, they are provided by a third party server and security on these seems... neglected to say the least. That's the reason why I run an ad blocking add-on. Sure, most sites get revenues from third party ads, but too many advertisers lack security checks or took liberties to auto-start video ads or bigger than allowed ads. I had enough and blocked them all years ago.
Same here, ads today are a security risk, until they can figure out how to stop them from serving malware/malicious advertising, I'll be blocking them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts