Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1333 SWE in need of a new friction disc. It was slipping because the friction ring is shot. It's the same design as the other MTD's, two halves bolted together. Should be $15 for a new ring like the other ones right? Ha! They don't sell just the ring for this series for some reason. They used to sell a complete disc # 718-0494 for $25. However, it's now been superceded to a new # 618-0296 which is a complete assembly with the bearing and hub for $125. What a croc! $125 to replace a friction wheel? The hub and bearing on mine are just fine. I've been trying to locate a 718-0494 disc but every place I've tried is out of stock. Does anyone have or know where I can get one? Is there an aftermarket solution? The diameter of the disc is 6" by the way. I'll bite the bullet if I have to, but I hate being ripped off for something that should be a simple inexpensive part. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved! Thanks for the info on that disc. I found one on Ebay from a shop in NY. It was a new old stock that they still had laying around. Don't know why I didn't think to try 918, I've seen this before with MTD. I don't know why it didn't come up on a google search. Usually if there's an alternate or updated # it will tell you. Surprised the dealer didn't know this. Oh well, at least I found one. Thanks again!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You're lucky. No one in my area had one so I had to fork over 93 bucks for the replacement assembly. At least the replacement assembly used the standard bonded friction wheel on it, not some NLA 4 hole unobtainable disc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts