Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Cub Cadet 3x 34" snowblower and the R1 gear actually goes forward instead of reverse, and the forward gears (1 - 6 I believe) all go really fast. Is there any way to correct this? Also the R2 gear goes in reverse but it's incredibly slow.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, this can be corrected. There's a good chance your manual goes over how to adjust the drive speeds.

If not, take a look at the shift mechanism, and the cable or rod that goes from it, down to the base of the machine. There should be some means to adjust its length. Whichever direction the cable or rod moves when you put the lever into R2, you need to adjust it to increase that motion. So if it's a rod that gets moved down towards the base of the machine in R2, then you need to adjust the rod to make it longer, so that R2 pushes it further down towards the base of the machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In your manual there is a section on the adjustment procedure for the speed lever.

After searching the manual on the web, On page 17 of the manual, ADJUSTEMENT SHIFT CABLE, the instructions are there and showing fig 6-4.
I just adjusted mine 2 weeks ago as I didn't have a distinct 5th or 6th speed. After adjustment, I had full range of speeds.

My cable must have streched because I had to change the hole where the cable goes into the sliding triangular metal plate in fig 6-4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts