Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found and brought home a new to me snowblower tonight. Yamahas are pretty rare around here (Minneapolis).

These seem to be pretty unique:
Electric chute control
On board battery electric start
Hydrostatic drive
Vertical shaft engine
No belt drives

Unique usually means expensive. So I’m not sure where this is headed. Plus my wife isn’t too happy I added a fourth and fifth (free Toro CCR2000) snowblower to the stable today. Quick internet search yielded little information and lack of user or service manuals. About all I know is it turns over freely, auger drive cable is loose, and the chute is disassembled. Here’s some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Back in their day the Yamaha was a competitor for Honda. They were both excellent heavy duty rugged machines and the Yamaha did a good job for itself.
Years ago Yamaha decided to pull out of the American market with their power equipment. Even their generators were built very well.
I remember 20 years ago when our dealership had them and when we sold them dirt cheap just to get rid of them when Yamaha stopped dealing with them in America, those machines are still running today like they were still new. They were built very well back then, they were built a lot like the Honda's were, so if you can get it running and find parts for it, you should keep it.
You can still find parts for them but it is harder in the USA, you would want to check with a Canadian dealership or a European dealer, but you should still be able to find them, just not as easy as when they were sold here in the USA.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Great score, can't believe someone would just leave it out at the curb.

Easily worth $500.00 in my area for parts alone, especially for someone named Rick, Richard or Ricky :smile2: .

Several Yamaha experts on here can answer your questions. Yamaha is a highly respected machine here in Canada, hope you can get it running and please keep us up to date on how you make out.

Mom might not be thrilled, but looks like the youngster sure is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the responses. When I get some time I’ll see if I can get it running and what it needs. Hopefully the transmission is good and there’s nothing major.

I’d love a scanned copy of the operator’s manual and/or service manual if anyone had one.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thats going to clean up nice

Your son will make a ton of $ with it next year

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wow! You lucky devil, that will be a nice machine when it's back on its feet... errr, tracks! Here's a link to the parts diagrams: https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-ys240tb-snow-blower-1990_model9668/partslist/
I wonder if it is this one: Yamaha YS240TB "Ricky" $300 OBO
Yamaha YS240TB "Ricky" located near Minneapolis

For sale Yamaha YS 240 TB snowblower. I am the original owner. Comes with owners manual. Motor, transmission and auger drive oil changed annually. 12 volt light, chute rotation and electric start with on board battery. Starts and runs fine. The transmission sometimes bucks and momentarily stalls, but resumes when the transmission lever is moved. There is a post on this site regarding this issue that can possibly resolved with a linkage adjustment. Located 20 miles west of Minneapolis, will not ship. Email [email protected] with questions or pictures. $300 or best offer, cash only please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! You lucky devil, that will be a nice machine when it's back on its feet... errr, tracks! Here's a link to the parts diagrams: https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-ys240tb-snow-blower-1990_model9668/partslist/
I wonder if it is this one: Yamaha YS240TB "Ricky" $300 OBO
Yamaha YS240TB "Ricky" located near Minneapolis

For sale Yamaha YS 240 TB snowblower. I am the original owner. Comes with owners manual. Motor, transmission and auger drive oil changed annually. 12 volt light, chute rotation and electric start with on board battery. Starts and runs fine. The transmission sometimes bucks and momentarily stalls, but resumes when the transmission lever is moved. There is a post on this site regarding this issue that can possibly resolved with a linkage adjustment. Located 20 miles west of Minneapolis, will not ship. Email [email protected] with questions or pictures. $300 or best offer, cash only please.
Thanks! That’s great information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts