Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this question on the "ope" site....

My # snowblower is a 71 ariens 10000 series (scot lawrence model 6 -hp version) not equipped with safety interlocks or ignition key.....it can run down the street without an operator.

I would like to rig a deadman like my lawn mower has. I have a rope lanyard that holds the deadman down when i start then i slide the lanyard to the side and hold the deadman in while mowing.....yes...i really do this every time.

Does anyone have a part # or know where i can get such at item? I am thinking of the lanyard kill switch like on an outboard motor or a button that has to be held in to run....but i haven't found such an item.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would go with a simple tether switch to kill the ignition, that would be the simplest and cheapest option. Otherwise thats just how these machines were made and if you modern fancy shmancy safety crap get a newer one, then have that stuff drive you nuts... LOL

I have a 73 Craftsman, none of that crap on this one either, kill switch, and lever to put it into gear, thats about it. But i prefer it. The newer ones with multiple levers to start the auger and engage the drive is annoying as heck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts