Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold a 20+ year old Honda HS55 and I've narrowed my choices for a new blower to an Ariens Deluxe 24, Ariens Compact 24 or a Toro 726 OE.
Should the 250cc on the deluxe be the tipping factor over the other two with their 205cc's? I live in Minnesota and blow 2, 6-car driveways. And if you tell me to go with a 250, I may also consider the Toro 826 OXE with the triggers. :) What do you guys think?

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Sorry no one could help. Good luck with the new toy and we are all pulling for lots of snow for you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if I need one that big, but the wheel clutch will make it easy as pie to
maneuver. They have 11 coming to my local HD this Saturday. Maybe I should camp out overnight like I'm buying an iPhone. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wahoo. Went to Home Depot and used a competitor's 15% off coupon.
Saved me around $160 and came home with an Ariens Deluxe 28.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also just bought the ariens 28 deluxe... The new ones have a cast iron gear case, duel auger belts, 14 inch auger, night light, beefed up dash, springs and handles. Just seemed better built than the MTD branded knock offs in that price range. Paid $900 at HD. My only con so far is the "remote wheel lock" feature seems to be the weakest functioning part of their design... you pull the leaver to lock the left wheel, pull it again to unlock. Seems a bit hit or miss if the wheel actually locks and unlocks on the first pull.... For the money seemed to be the best bang for the buck.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts