Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Depends how much wobble. Can you give it a number.? i.e in terms of runout?. As Raul suggested some is common. How loosely did the pulley fit on the shaft? Something may be a bit bent. It may have been made that way. Just make sure it will not come close to hitting anything. Those damn OEM belts are always an odd length. Never just 35" but 35 plus some fraction. It often does make a difference. The texture of the rubber matters too. I always use OEM on the auger. Just to eliminate the bs factor. On the tractor drive you can often get always with aftermarket or even a generic utility belt from the auto parts store. It is the clutching action that performs poorly if the lenght and texture are not just optimum. On lawn mowers with variable speed drive you get the same issues.

Regarding the bearing. IDK. I would have to see them to comment. I have used aftermarket impeller bearings in the past and they worked fine.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Didn't think to check for wobble prior to disassembly. After I reassembled and gently hand torqued the pulley bolt I gave her a spin and noticed the wobble. I unscrewed and re-torqued but no change in wobble.
You wrote "prior to disassembly". When you removed the pulley, did it just "slide" off, or did you have to apply force and pull it off?
Also, while removed, did the pulley get dropped?
I would place the chute assembly on the floor, spin the pulley and mark where the "wobble" is. if it "moves" the issue is not the pulley, rather most likely in the bearings, however if it is in the same spot continuously I would check the pulley and ensure it is not bent.
It is not normal to have a large amount of "play" at the pulley unless the bearings are loose or worn or there is play in the bearing flanges/bushings that retain the auger shafts.
As for replacing parts, I generally try to stay OEM or OEM looking, but I will defer to others on here whom may have used the bearing and collar and what they claim was their success/failure rate.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Here's the link again? streamable.com/lzb1xr
Isn't a link... Must cut and paste into browser address bar.
Looks like the pulley is just very slightly bent; you should be OK. You could pry on it slightly to straighten it, but I wouldn't bother.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I tend to agree with tabora, If you are uncomfortable with it You can take it off and put it on a flat surface (idealy a surface plate) to try to understand where the out of flatness comes from. Perhaps you can put it ita vice and try to straighten it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the bearing NAPA BRN 27LA0688 for peace of mind (toss the bearing sleeve in your junk drawer). Did the impeller mod with used tire while I was in there. Now the pulley has a much more reasonable wobble to it, looks normal. My recommendation for anyone else with this problem, replace the bearing and tighten up the bearing retainer.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I uploaded the video Streamable. Not a single view on it! You guys, the video shows all lol

Here's the link again? streamable.com/lzb1xr

No I didn't drop anything during disassembly. I only came across it when spinning the auger to work in the new grease.
When you link, link it.
Yours was a copy and paste......too much work. :)

Here.....is a link,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.