Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I would like to delete a post but seems if I started the thread I can't delete it. Then the flagging instructions say ONLY for obscenity, threatening, etc etc. Is it ok to request my post to be removed?

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Joe,
yes its fine to request a delete..I did the one for you last night! ;)
not a problem..

im not sure why you wouldn't be able to delete your own thread..the forum software or settings must not allow it..(sometimes disgruntled members (of any forum) can decide they want to delete every post they ever made and leave in a huff..not being able to delete a whole thread is probably intentional to avoid lots of good threads going away, in a case like that..that's probably why..)

but if there is a good reason to delete, just send in a "report post" notification, explain why you want a thread delete, and the mods will take care of it..

Scot

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sometimes I would like to delete a post but seems if I started the thread I can't delete it. Then the flagging instructions say ONLY for obscenity, threatening, etc etc. Is it ok to request my post to be removed?
You can do it yourself just by choosing your post and press Edit then delete your post.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can do it yourself just by choosing your post and press Edit then delete your post.
Doesn't always allow me that option, Norm. Ergo the queston.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that the other evening, Scot and thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate the timely manner in which any problems are dealt with on this forum. It's by far the best one I belong to.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
You can only delete individual posts. I believe only moderators can delete entire threads. I don't mind doing it for people. Also, You can't edit the thread title after you post which kind of sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Scot and SHRYP. I don't want to rock the boat. Yeh. You're right about that not being able to change thread titles. There have been a few times I'd like to have done that. ( now to find that thread I started and report it!)

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Got it taken care of.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts