Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my new deluxe 24 delivered yesterday,the delivery guy dropped it off at about noon like I was promised.they delivered it with about a half a tank of gas,so after I tested it out,tried out the new auto turn.i ran and got some new non-ethanol gas,I was looking it over again,and it hit me!!! The logo on the front of the dash panel is the oval one,not the new white letter "Ariens" logo.....They gave me last years model!! I paid the difference for this years model.so called them up and my salesman first tells me that's what I bought.after a brief argument he realized they screwed up.he said that they didn't have and this years deluxe 24 available until Monday,I said well we have a storm coming Sunday night I need a snowblower,so he called back said he would deliver a compact 24 to me to use till Monday and then they would get me the correct one,they wouldn't let me use the left over one till Monday,because they wouldn't be able to sell it as new after I used it..I told him I didn't care what I used as long as i had one for this storm coming,and as long as I got MY Snowthro I paid for....so when he delivered the loaner to me I showed him that's it's the leftover model and the old logo on it,he told me that it is actually this years model that I was incorrect!! Because the deluxe 24 didn't change the logos for this year!! Grrrr,"are you kidding me" I then showed him the model # on the machine,so he then called back to the shop to confirm that the machine they gave me was in fact the leftover from last year.so now they are delivering my correct Monday or tues!! Hopefully it's the correct one this time...if you can see in the picture it has the old decal on the dash panel

Attachments

Reactions: E350

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the wheels are lighter shade than this years

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
at least they left you one to get through the snow with, its coming down pretty good here and I hope they deliver what you paid for mon or tue. just looking at them I wouldn't know the difference, maybe you could post a pic of your new one when it arrives

·
Registered
184 Posts
Glad they made it right, but that's lame that it took so much effort to convince them. They should be the experts.

I wonder if they knew all along and we're trying to pass it off.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Hmmm... Buy online vs buy from a dealer?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad it worked out, that's something I thought only happened to me. Then you start to think, I'm the only one making a big deal out of this, maybe it's me, and I should just eat it. Heck no!!
Hopefully this guy has no clue, just sent you a ariens, who cares what model, the orange one. Not, I'm going to screw this guy over and send him a leftover. Insert evil laugh

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally got the correct machine today,I took pictures of it to compare the left over to this years model,besides the decal on the front of the dash is different,also the deluxe 24 decal on the top of the bucket is gone now,it's now a Ariens gear logo.also I noticed the tag with the model number and serial number is moved behind the left wheel before it was on the rear..

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was the compact good enough to do the job?
No,honestly it was pretty useless!! We got about 4" of snow and I had to creep it along to get it to blow snow or it would just clog up,even in the slowest gear,so I had to just barely push down on the drive lever so it would go super slow,if I pushed the lever all the way down it would just push the snow and clog up..not sure if it's a belt issue or what? I told the delivery guy about it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
ih8tp: Way to stand your ground. I would have done the exact same. That's your hard earned cash and you want what you paid for, not what they felt like sending you. You can bet they sell that new one based on its improved, more modern features. You didn't buy last year's. You paid for the new one. Period.

Anyway, the machine looks great. I hope it serves you well for many years.

I must say I think they recovered well by sending a temporary one out right away. All that shipping cost them the profit on that machine. Maybe they won't be so eager to get the edge next time, if that's what they were up to.

No,honestly it was pretty useless!! We got about 4" of snow and I had to creep it along to get it to blow snow or it would just clog up,even in the slowest gear,so I had to just barely push down on the drive lever so it would go super slow,if I pushed the lever all the way down it would just push the snow and clog up..not sure if it's a belt issue or what? I told the delivery guy about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
4 foot? that's a lot of snow. The compact seems fine up to 18"

·
Banned
267 Posts
I like the way the new style looks. I also like the fact that Ariens has gone back to their roots and are re-incorporating the gear with the capital A. They have officially changed their logo over to that now. Its cool. I would have noticed it right away, but I'm big into detail like that and my 71 machines have the capital A and the gear. I would have noticed it before they even got it down off the liftgate. I went and checked them out in person at Lowes the other day but saw they had made the change this summer online. I have a feeling they were trying to get rid of their old model as a lot of people either will not realize the difference or do not know they have even changed over the style yet. I find it very hard to believe the dealer did not know. If they really didn't that isnt such a great dealership. Either way I'm glad it worked out, but I think it's too bad you didn't get too break in your new machine when the snow came. I think they should have done something like offered a discount for an error like that. I'm also not happy to hear the compact 24 could not thro 4 inches of snow well. An impeller kit would fix that but still you would think a relatively new machine would thro snow descent right? Technically my 71 Ariens 24 wide is a compact. The difference is its was built like a tank and is 45 years old. But my 71, 32 wide is a monster and that sucker is heavy to. You can't beat those 12 inch high augers and the 4 blade impeller with the massive cast iron gearbox, the opening out to the chute was larger than as well. The only thing that could have been better back then was the height of the chute. But it's okay my machines pick up and throw no problem. Ariens has been great from the start.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Agree something is wrong that it won't throw 4" in 1st speed, even if it's sloppy mess heart attack snow. Did they advise you to do a belt run in procedure and readjust the idler? My BIL had a new compact a few years ago and it was right in the manual to do so. Maybe they no longer advise that? I think you may be finding out the real problem is the dealer.:icon-shrug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts