Snowblower Forum banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
You know, it's really not that bad. Missing some sheet metal, but hey, it adds character.

Reactions: Yanmar Ronin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe we should snag a parts machine or two.
Well, If I understand the currency conversion rates correctly, that seems like a highly logical train of thought.
The pricing to me, for what what those machines are and the bits and pieces on them, seems almost like a garage/yard sale steal.

30,000.00 JPY = 253.289 USD
Japanese Yen ↔ US Dollar
1 JPY = 0.00844298 USD 1 USD = 118.442 JPY
Mid-market rates: 2016-01-26 22:49 UTC

Yanmar Ronin........are these computations correct?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Arrrrrrr.
sorry....I guess I need a translation......por favor.....Bitte......

·
Registered
191 Posts
Danke, Herr Ronin.
:yahoo:

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
But the shipping costs may move that decimal to the right.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Part it out, as needed, from Japan.
I don't think anyone was actually talking about shipping the complete machine....at least that's not my impression.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yanmar Ronin

Would you please explain to us the laws regarding liability for injury by a machine in Japan? Here in USA it seems the maker of the machine is liable for injury due to mis use or mental defection of the user operator.

Thank you ,
Regards,

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:
What in the heck is an LMC doing over there? That is very strange to me. There were plenty of brands to apply to that Wado already in the JDM.
Wow.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
My head is just spinning in circles about this. Yeah, they were made there... but for a company located in Utah.
I dont know if there is a way to contact the seller, but I would love to know if it has one of these

I doubt we will ever run across the future owner here, so if there is a way to get the serial it would be great. I cant help but wonder if some were ordered/made but never got the funds for a second batch say so they were put on the local market. It does have Japanese labels on the controls. Who knows?

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Yanmar Ronin

Would you please explain to us the laws regarding liability for injury by a machine in Japan? Here in USA it seems the maker of the machine is liable for injury due to mis use or mental defection of the user operator.

Thank you ,
Regards,
Basic Japanese liability law.

Disclaimer: I'm no lawyer (been asked about it though ;) ). Mental defection generally not covered... here Darwin is still left to work his magic in peace, for the most part. Manufacturer is basically on the hook for manufacturing defects or some sort of gross design flaw. In other words, if it can eat you you're responsible for keeping your soft bits out/away.

The other side of the coin is... most Japanese (of the average, good kind) would take great shame in trying to blame someone else for their own mistake/error (politicians exempt as usual...). Zero commercials for that type of lawyering on the TV or radio, or anywhere else for that matter.

One of the little things that helps make living in Japan pretty nice.

Edit: Original post incomplete, now fixed.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
I can't tell from your pics exactly where it is on the machine, if I could tell him where to look it might be helpful.
Sorry. I was going to include SN label location when I started to post that. Distractions.:)
On the frame. Down low on back side. Just forward of the left track drive axle

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
OK that's kinda what I told him, further verified in your post about jflord's. We'll see what he comes up with... also said he'd send some more pics.

Too bad it's not just a bit closer, for that ask I'd drag it home and see for myself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Basic Japanese liability law.

The other side of the coin is... most Japanese (of the average, good kind) would take great shame in trying to blame someone else for their own mistake/error

Edit: Original post incomplete, now fixed.
That's the way it should be, reminds me of the old joke,
"what do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean,
a good start"

281 - 300 of 319 Posts