Snowblower Forum banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
I caught a slightly different version, courtesy the movie "Poolhall Junkies" (great flick).

"What do you call 1000 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand?"

Not enough sand. :smiley-confused009:

Still waiting on the Word from seller, don't hear by tomorrow I'll call again.

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Well... I tried. I failed.

Talked to the seller a few times, trying to make a deal, see if we could work something out on shipping, meet on price... no dice.

Was willing to go the $800 on the machine but all in by the time it got to the Hill we were looking at over a grand... can't justify quite that, as much as I would like to. Boo.

Maybe... it will turn up again, auction ended with one bid so I'm not quite sure it actually sold. Hasn't been relisted though.

Never did get any more pics either...

We shall see.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 · (Edited)
A throwback Thursday post.
It was one year ago this week I got my new tracks.
I haven't heard from my buddy and our new papa-san Mister YR for a bit. Hope all is well at the Ronin house.
Here is a photo of my son on his (coolest lawn tractor ever) Kubota last year when he was helping his dad score some new tracks.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Hey Bubba. I've fired it up a couple times in the last month but only to hear it run and cycle the hydraulic lift. The tracks are still shiny. No significant snow yet this year. I shoveled once because there was about 2 inches.
Bridger has a new shop with a large parking lot. I can see the DeLorean getting some use there this winter perhaps.
Good to hear from you. The baby looks like she's getting huge already.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Number four. Park City, UT.
welcome to the forum andy ! whats up with #4 ? is that machine still sitting somewhere.....waiting for an ambitious rebuild ????:surprise:

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
The suspense... :hope:

Andy we're very interested in what you've got, when you've got some time please snap some pictures and start a new thread in this forum about it, so that it doesn't get buried in Del's thread.

There must be a story, and we'd love to hear it.

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
I tried to nominate the DeLorean for MOM over at MTF last time, thinking it might be something neat for winter.

...not realizing nothing was ever posted about it over thar, got shot down... :icon-thumbsdown::icon-thumbsdown::icon-thumbsdown:

:icon_blue_very_sad:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
I’ll admit, it’s a good (real) story. Some chapters might be a little boring, but there were genuine feel good emotions involved throughout. It was going down during a period in my life where I needed a good distraction. Many hours were spent searching for those tracks. Tears of joy were shed during a hug when Bridger made it home from Japan. Not just because I had them, but that he went all the way there to get them for me.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I’ll admit, it’s a good (real) story. Some chapters might be a little boring, but there were genuine feel good emotions involved throughout. It was going down during a period in my life where I needed a good distraction. Many hours were spent searching for those tracks. Tears of joy were shed during a hug when Bridger made it home from Japan. Not just because I had them, but that he went all the way there to get them for me.
Hey, dbert... I forgot to tell you about my trip up to Alaska this past summer. I was in the small community of Tok and spent a month up there with a friend. His friend and I became fast friends and we hung around together quite a bit. He had a gen-u'wine DeLorean and I got to drive it. It was a blast. Too bad the flux capacitor was not working though.

Reactions: dbert
301 - 319 of 319 Posts