Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a slightly used 921031 just before the storm of Feb 12-13 and pretty impressed with the power of the machine though I haven't fully learned how to handle/maneuver it yet. It's a beast and very different from a one stage machine, having to let it do the work! Amazing to watch it go through a 28 inch plow pile without stalling. The engine lugs a bit but keeps on going.

Anyway, I've read the B&S engine manual (ugh!) and still can't fully figure out the choke, though I seem to get it started and running alright. It's a knob that has an indicator with positions at 8,7,6,5 and 4 o'clock. 6 o'clock seems to be the warm run position. Why are there positions before and after that spot. It seems to me you only need 8,7,6 or 6,5,4 to make it choke and run. What am I missing? The manual is pretty worthless on this feature. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom in NJ

·
Registered
891 Posts
Usually, you want it set to "full choke" to start a cold engine and the 2011-2013 QuickStart Guide PDFs on their website indicate that full choke would be set by turning the knob all the way counterclockwise, or 4 o'clock going by your description.

Does your knob look like this as shown on Step D?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is the same knob. I do turn to 4 o'clock to start and back to 6 to run. What are positions 8 and 7 for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts