Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 24" Deluxe 2018 and its time to drain the gas. I removed the 10 mm carburetor bowl drain plug and removed the gas cap to let all the fuel drain through tank and bowl..Well to my surprise the tank does not drain completely even though the carb. bowl is dry...That means the drain opening is on the tanks side, not on the bottom?...What??..Why?? It leaves about an 1/8" of gas in there..No matter how I tilt the unit to the side or front, back....Left the unit outside with gas cap off to let it evaporate overnight....Anybody else notice this ??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The fuel drain/shut-off valve is on the bottom of the tank and in a little well. The shut-off valve threads into the tank and has a screen fitted into the open end. The assembly sits slightly above the well so than any debris in the tank is contained within the tank. The Briggs and Stratton tank on the Pro models has a similar design using a small well about centered in the tank.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel drain/shut-off valve is on the bottom of the tank and in a little well. The shut-off valve threads into the tank and has a screen fitted into the open end. The assembly sits slightly above the well so than any debris in the tank is contained within the tank. The Briggs and Stratton tank on the Pro models has a similar design using a small well about centered in the tank.

Oh, so that explains why it doesn't drain completely...Well leaving the cap off overnight does evaporate the remaining amount out...Thank You for explaining it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts