Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I live outside of Buffalo, N.Y. and have an ST824 that I bought so long ago that I can't remember what year it was. I've used the crap out of it, but have taken care of it and done the maintenance and repairs that were needed along the way. It is now going to my son's house so he can keep his property clean this winter. It starts with 1 or 2 pulls and runs like new. I can't understand why anyone would want more than that. It seems like we now live in a world where everyone has to have the biggest and most expensive "whatever". Buy a machine that will clear your snow and put the extra cash aside for something else. Maybe something special for your wife.
Duane
i own and st824 it starts 1/2 a pull everytime it now has a hm100 with impeller kit
i live on the coast of mass same driveway 50 years we get very wet snow and 4 foot plow piles
the st1024 struggles with the plow pile iam older 6'3 245 lb
i now have an ariens 28 inch 414cc with auto turn impeller kit i paid 900 hardly alot
its not even close how much better and needed it was the st1024 is a backup
do you understand now?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where is here? I've had my Plat24 921066 on order since early September and my dealer (Southeast PA) is now telling me they are 'hoping' for middle of December.
That’s scary on a few levels… Getting close to crunch time, and ‘hoping’ sounds like they don’t yet have a good firm date…

Good luck and I hope you have backup!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Where is here? I've had my Plat24 921066 on order since early September and my dealer (Southeast PA) is now telling me they are 'hoping' for middle of December.
Few weeks is middle of December. We've been lucky so far, only flurries in ct. But time is running out. Average first plowable snow is usually around December 10 in my parts. Northern New England had theirs last week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was really lucky. I got a Platinum 24 in early September. It is the 2022 model 921063. I called every dealer on Long Island NY and only one dealer had 3 of them, all the other had none. I went their the same day and bought it. I even got an early season discount. Two weeks later they were all gone. I was told by Ariens that their was a shortage of the engines, and this model would be few if any until February.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I recently bought an Ariens 24 De Luxe from Lappan's in Gaylord. He had a floor full of last year's models at last years prices. O. K., so I didn't get the LED light, but is that worth 200 dollars?
$200, no. But that also includes the inflation and shortage factor. But I did spend the $50 to upgrade my machine to LED as I always wanted it, and even talked to ariens about offering it like most other manufacturers.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was told by Ariens that their was a shortage of the engines, and this model would be few if any until February.
I'm not sure when Ariens switches to summer equipment manufacturing, but it must be in January or February. So maybe spring equipment shortages will happen to. I know local dealers that start getting the spring stuff in the floor by March. Even earlier down South.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts