Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got a larger snowfall 8-10 inches, but heavy wet stuff..No problem with straight runs, throwing fine, no clogs or climbing or turning..Now at the curb where plows piles it up to almost 20 inches,, she did start to bog and climb..with basically slush...They should offer the next size engine up with the 24" too .. I have the 254 cc engine...My 20 year old 26" Tecumseh 8 hp.. seemed a bit more powerful..or torquey... Not sure if I need a weight bar yet...Still have to try on a good 14"+ dry fluff..

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Only things I can think of are smaller passes and lower gear. Not familiar with that particular blower but these are pretty much across the spectrum remedies.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Well finally got a larger snowfall 8-10 inches, but heavy wet stuff..No problem with straight runs, throwing fine, no clogs or climbing or turning..Now at the curb where plows piles it up to almost 20 inches,, she did start to bog and climb..with basically slush...They should offer the next size engine up with the 24" too .. I have the 254 cc engine...My 20 year old 26" Tecumseh 8 hp.. seemed a bit more powerful..or torquey... Not sure if I need a weight bar yet...Still have to try on a good 14"+ dry fluff..
They do - it's the Platinum 24", and the 369cc engine is the main difference . . . and yes, it's a beast . . .

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have no complaints with my 24" 318cc OHV "10hp" Ariens. But 369cc and 24" sounds like a pretty unstoppable combo. Tough to go wrong with that!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Yup . . . first big test was 4 or 5 layers of plow pile higher than the bucket. Hit speed 1, and gnawed right through . . . you could hear the tone deepen as power came up, but zero bogging!

Definitely a beast! Something in between wouldmbe nice as well . . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts