Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the beginning of the month my 1980 snow bird snow blower failed to start after getting 18 inches of snow. I finally decided that was it and went to home depot and bought a ariens deluxe 28. Seemed like a very nice machine but I was dissapointed at the amount of power it had. I kept having to ride the clutch to keep it from stalling while I moved the snow. After 3 weeks of trying to decide what to do I called home depot and asked if I could return it. They said yes and gave me my money back. After reading these forums and listening to what you guys had to say I called my local dealer and he had a deluxe 28 sho in stock. Went right down there and picked it up. Seems like a good deal to get 20% more power for only $100 more. Wish I had checked out the forums before I bought the first one. Hope to try it out soon!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad Home Depot was that accommodating, and that you were able to find another machine in-stock. Absolutely, for $100, that's an easy upgrade to justify. Very rarely has anyone complained about having too much power available. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:welcome: aboard! That's where Home Depot can really come through for you. I"wasn't so lucky when I bought my Deluxe 28 from an independent dealer. I felt the same way you did, the Deluxe 28 is a well built machine with an engine that is too small for its size and heft. I Sold mine a year later for about $200 less than I paid for it (including tax) good resale value I guess. The SHO upgrade on the Deluxe 28 is money very well spent, your $100. will never buy you that much of an upgrade with any other make or model. You also get revised belts and sheave for higher impeller speed. Best of luck with your new machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got 4 inches of snow today. Not much of a test but works good. Better to break it in on a small storm anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a real storm to try out my new deluxe 28 sho. 16 inches of snow wet the first 6 inches or so. What a difference from the 28 deluxe! Never had to ride the clutch once to keep it from stalling even at the end of the drive way. Can't believe it's only $100 more! Never clogged once. So glad I made the change.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
thats such a good deal best new blower deal bar none
dont see why anbody would get a box store pos non name brand when you can get thät blower for sometimes less money
if i didnt buy the used 28 deluxe with 414cc i would have got that or the 30 deluxe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts