Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've used this beast a few times the past couple of weeks and the auto turn function is so so. I've found that when I don't have traction, it wont turn but when I'm down to pavement, it turns great! This is the reason why I bought the +, for the knobby tires so I wouldn't need chains and for the bigger motor. Will chains help my auto turn function-ability?

Any links to purchase skids and chains? Not looking to break the bank on these either.

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I've found that when I don't have traction, it wont turn but when I'm down to pavement, it turns great!
Any links to purchase skids and chains? Not looking to break the bank on these either.
It is very normal for any brand of snow blower to spin the tires if operated on ice or equivalent hence the auto turn not functioning in these circumstances, chains will definitively help in that situation so here's a few links.

You have to measure the bolts spacing:
ARMORskids Heavy Duty Snow Blower Skid Shoe Fits 2 3/4 in. Slot Spacing-asc0275 - The Home Depot

You have to find the right size but the ones from Ariens @$50.00 are better quality.
Amazon.com: Snowblower Tire Chains 410-350-4, 410X350X4: Patio, Lawn & Garden

To install the chains

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Well now my question is, should I get the skids or chains? What would be my best bet?
This not x or y question as both has different qualities, chains for traction and longer skids for less friction and more floating quality.
In your initial post you mentioned the wheels were spinning and the auto turn did not operate as it should and I responded it is normal for the auto turn not to respond with complete lack of traction.
So your best bet? start with new skids then if you have traction problems get the chains but above all check your tire psi so they are the same.
Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered them now, hopefully I get to use them at least once this year.... With my luck I probably wont though haha.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just ordered them now, hopefully I get to use them at least once this year.... With my luck I probably wont though haha.
Well I'll try what we get (2'+of wind swepted snow) to switch to your place and don't wish else it might happen.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts