Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:icon-woo::icon-woo::icon-woo::icon-woo:Mowing the lawn today but I may need the snowblower by Fri. Rain will change to snow with up to 11 inches in my area at 6700 ft elevation. I'm glad I haven't done my end of season maintenance on the blower yet. Looks like I'll need to use it one more time. :snow48:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh, that is just plain WRONG!
It may be better than I'm been getting all day...everything just short of tornados.

Bill

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Why do they still call it a winter storm warning, when it is clearly spring now??????????????? they should call it a snow storm watch/warning.:icon_cussing_black::icon_cussing_black:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do they still call it a winter storm warning, when it is clearly spring now??????????????? they should call it a snow storm watch/warning.:icon_cussing_black::icon_cussing_black:
If you look out the window, you'd swear it was winter (except for leaves on the trees).

We got about a foot of snow with more coming tonight and tomorrow.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Here’s a look at the latest snowfall totals from the National Weather Service as of 3 p.m. on Thursday.

Breckenridge - 16.5 inches
Nederland - 26 inches
Conifer - 12 inches
Genesee - 14.2 inches
Estes Park - 12.1 inches
Evergreen - 12 inches
Aspen Springs - 21.5 inches
Golden - 13.5 inches
Ward - 33.1 inches
Boulder - 3.8 inches
Fort Collins - 4 inches
Loveland 1.5 inches
Castle Rock - 6.0 inches
Broomfield - 3.0 inches
Greeley - 3.8 inches

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
We got about 4 inches where I live. Wet heavy and slushy. But was easy to push out of the way on the driveway with my trusty orange shovel/plow. I would have loved to have fired up my machine one more time- but I don't have one. Save for the JD TRS32 on loan to a church building that is 15 min away and I was not going to go get it just to do my driveway. By the time I got home Thursday night, most of the slush piles had melted. This time I had no broken limbs on my tress! Yay! Some neighbors were not so lucky and the cottonwoods in the park had a number of limbs that snapped.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had flown back from Florida that day where it was sunny and high 80's to Breck in the midst of that storm. I70 was not too bad but in town that concrete like- snow was hard to get through. Snowed two inches the following Saturday.......

·
Registered
110 Posts
Noob here and just lurking around the site.

That was a BIG storm... I ended up getting 36+ in a couple of days.
3 feet is not a lot of snow for me, but in that short time period is was. It was a nice dry snow (amazing ski days!!) but it got heavy the next couple of days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts