Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I know it really doesn't matter for the most part but I am trying to determine the age of my Simplicity 1180m blower.
Here are some pictures of the unit, serial number and engine serial number. I was trying to figure out the age by looking at the engine DOM date but if I go by that it might be a 2001 and but then why would they put a sticker on it saying it meets CA emissions for 2006...

Anyway just looking for some information if you can help an old fart out...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Asphalt Tread
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Amber Automotive exterior
Gas Computer hardware Electronic device Electronic engineering Electronics accessory

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Guys I know it really doesn't matter for the most part but I am trying to determine the age of my Simplicity 1180m blower.
Here are some pictures of the unit, serial number and engine serial number. I was trying to figure out the age by looking at the engine DOM date but if I go by that it might be a 2001 and but then why would they put a sticker on it saying it meets CA emissions for 2006...

Anyway just looking for some information if you can help an old fart out...

View attachment 186702 View attachment 186703 View attachment 186704
thats got the nice ohv tec engines 16 lb feet of torque good find for old blower

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you know if the engine is original? I know somewhere in the mid 2000s the handlebars switched from the rectangular to round. Also they started using Briggs motors.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Also they started using Briggs motors.
i would guess like most brands they ran briggs once tecumseh's were no longer available till all the honda knockoff's were readily available for cheaper.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i would guess like most brands they ran briggs once tecumseh's were no longer available till all the honda knockoff's were readily available for cheaper.
Briggs bought simplicity in 2004. I'm guessing that's when they switched engines. Did some internet sleuthing and here's what I found.

This owner said they bought this machine brand new in 2000. Has the overhead valve Tecumseh motor with the square handles and snow hog tires like OPs.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here's a 2005 machine with the Briggs motor and round handles and xtrac tires.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt

I would have to say the OPs machine is probably an early 2000s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts