Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i passed on the st 1032 and found a new well mostly new PowerShift with a brand new Briggs 9.00 with about 2 hours on it. The owner replaced everything new from the augar back. My understanding is toro had issues with welds and offered free replacement? The badging on the unit is 624. It's spotless and he also gave me a second augar with shoot 30" I'm going to try and sell that part. What's it worth? I got it all for $550!

Attachments

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
those POWERSHIFTS only came in 24,28. and 32 inch cuts. that front maybe 75 dollars for it the way it sits now. MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I don't know where home is for you but around here $550 will get you a darn nice powershift 824. sounds like you paid for the new motor more than anything else

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
William
I looked for months. Everything in the 350-500 range here in the Midwest looked like a pile of rust. O well I guess I wasted my money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, if you think you got a good deal, that's all that matters. Seems like you did your research. Maybe you could have paid less in the off season. But if you are happy with your purchase, then you did good!

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Yea, the snow is upon most of us now so prices are double what they are in the summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think you did bad for around this areas winter prices. I bought a craftsman 320es single stage for 40 in the spring and replaced the paddles, the spark plug and fixed a bad plastic auger housing crack that will probably need to be addressed again for 150.00 and had 70 invested in it and a season of use in the auger paddles. I sold it late this fall and got what I listed it for even after showing them the housing needs to be watched and eventually replaced. Prices go crazy around here.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Yea, the snow is upon most of us now so prices are double what they are in the summer.
Exactly rigbt, SHRYP. That's the time to grab them. ( $30 Ariens bought in June. Not one thing wrong with it.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the fact this entire unit is new shouldn't affect the price? I'm having a hard time understanding why this should be a $300 machine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know where home is for you but around here $550 will get you a darn nice powershift 824. sounds like you paid for the new motor more than anything else
So he did just a bit better by getting what is essentially a 924.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If your happy.....that's all that counts.....but from my experience......I want more horsepower then 5 HP in a snowblower.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So the fact this entire unit is new shouldn't affect the price? I'm having a hard time understanding why this should be a $300 machine.
Check Small Engine Warehouse, that engine is $250-$300 alone. $550 is more than some here would spend, but you got your money's worth.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I think it's a real nice machine. It might be a little on the high side but you have to remember that everybody is remembering last winter and pricing their blowers accordingly. You didn't get ripped off. You got a nice machine. Take good care of it and it will last you a very long time.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
William
I looked for months. Everything in the 350-500 range here in the Midwest looked like a pile of rust. O well I guess I wasted my money.
Welcome to the forum Bigr244 :D

Adding your location to your profile so it pops up under your user name is handy as then we know your location. Location can make a big difference in a number of things and asking about price is one of them.

You have to remember that one mans junk is another mans gold. Because of the engine and the "spare" housing with augers I think it's a pretty good deal. I know what you're talking about as a lot of the power-shifts I've looked at seem to have been stored outside all summer every year of their life.

They want $1200 for this - > Toro snowblower

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
My mistake I thought the OP Said 9hp. 9 ft/lbs torque will still move snow on 24" bucket without stressing.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Heck, I wonder what the extra auger unit is worth?
$200? (I don't know) Wait till the season gets going and someone just might need one.
Then your cost for the blower would be down to $350.

Looks like a nice blower, I wonder why the engine was replaced?
Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Heck, I wonder what the extra auger unit is worth?
$200? (I don't know) Wait till the season gets going and someone just might need one.
Then your cost for the blower would be down to $350.

Looks like a nice blower, I wonder why the engine was replaced?
Good luck with it.
Yep. My sentimentals too.:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Tough for anyone to comment on whether you scored until after you've had a chance to use it and report back on how effective the machine is/isn't. Price really does fluctuate depending on condition, time of year, and location. I'm more into the "Survivor" snow blowers with original paint and engines. Here in New England, I looked at a pristine original owner with original $1,750 sales receipt 2002 Toro Power Shift 924. I mean flawless, not a scratch on the original paint, nibs still on the tires, bright shiny muffler casing... SPOTLESS. Owner wanted $575. My current snow blower stable (or as the wife calls it.... The Snow Blower Museum") is kind of full, so I threw out a low ball offer $500 knowing he would probably reject it.... And he Did :rolleyes: A couple days later the ad was down, I'm assuming someone in my area got a smoking deal on a great machine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts