Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ariens runs the 400/4.80-8 tire size

What the difference between that and the 16/6.50x8 tire size...

I take it they both go on a 8 wide rim but not sure on the other sizes except maybe 4.8 and 6.50 is the width

I imagine the other is height but don't know what the 400 is

·
Registered
407 Posts
while waiting on response.. I say what (little) I know.. The first number is diameter- 2nd number is width- third number is rim size. My only guess is the first number you have might be millimeter.. But I really don't know. Big difference in those two sizes mentioned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while waiting on response.. I say what (little) I know.. The first number is diameter- 2nd number is width- third number is rim size. My only guess is the first number you have might be millimeter.. But I really don't know. Big difference in those two sizes mentioned.
If it's millimeter it's 15.7" so I'm guessing that's 16" rounded off so looks like the difference is a little less then 2" wider so looks like those tires would fit my 8" rims but wondering if it would stick out passed the housing

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I know there are 2 different standards in tire sizes. One standard uses total diameter for the first number and the other standard uses the width between the rim and the outside of the tire.

13x5x6 = 13" diameter, 5" width, 6" hole for rim.

4.10/3.50x6 is 4.1" tall from rim to edge, 3.5" wide and 6" rim.

The second example often doesn't include the decimal point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts