Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is Warren a synthetic?
The description kind of reads like a conventional petroleum based oil.

As far as the conventional vs. synthetic comparisons, I would have to say I have no real opinion.
I used a synthetic blend in an old Evinrude outboard in the last couple of years I owned it and didn't really see any difference between the synthetic blend and the regular TC-3 I had used for years prior.
I also used full synthetic oil in a couple of turbocharged vehicles that used the engine oil to lubricate the turbo. The idea was to reduce coking since turbos run pretty hot.
Conventional motor oil has let us put 150,000 to over 200,000 miles on several vehicles with no problems so I don't consider it to be a bad choice either.
I personally think regular oil and filter changes are what makes an engine last.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Synthetic is the way to go. I use synthetic in everything. My truck, my lawn tractor, my snowblower, my chainsaw (both engine & chain).

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Well going by the screen name Im guessing your talking about 2 stroke oil.... Never used the synth 2 stroke oil before, so I have no real input.

Now for oil for my 4 strokers... I always use synth oil in my snowblower!!! weather its worth the money, or last longer, or what have you.... the truth is it flows a LOT better at low temps... That, and that alone is the reason I use it. It flows a lot better cold, and makes for easer starts, and better lube for those first few min of running.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i think the itasca mebbe semi synth,
i have noticed a lot of "coking"of the cylinder head with low quality dino, but not with good stuff
i have a few 4 cycle mowers i want to try it on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts