Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
10 inches of snow last night. It took me 15 minutes to clear out the driveway. Compared to my Craftsman 22" 5HP, I did not even sweat.
The throw was 30-40 feet and good grip with the tracks.

Bad news, I think Dirty Hand Tools is closing shop. They are selling their products with discounted prices with no Warranty or Returns.
I think the part are common enough for future repairs, but it will definitely be a headache if I need fix a major issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Bad news, I think Dirty Hand Tools is closing shop. They are selling their products with discounted prices with no Warranty or Returns.
Sure looks like they're folding the tents... https://dirtyhandtools.com/register/

"And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day,
Shall fold their tents, like the Arabs,
And quietly steal away." - HWL

The parent company filed for Chapter 11 last September: Frictionless World LLC filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Sept. 30, 2019, in the District of Colorado. The debtor listed an address of 1100 W. 120th Ave. #600, Westminster, and is represented in court by attorney David V. Wadsworth. Frictionless World LLC listed assets up to $14,600,503 and debts up to $17,364,542. The filing's largest creditor was listed as Frictionless LLC with an outstanding claim of $12,645,740.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t know if my decision would be different if I have known in advance. $800 with a free delivery was a deal hard to pass.
The refurbished snowblower was like brand new. It worked like a champ in this snow. all I need to figure out is how to get parts in the future. Engine should not be an issue it is a common engine. Someone mentioned that this looks like a copy of Huqsvarna, maybe it is. That would be great for me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Colorado about an hour's drive from the Dirty Hand Tools warehouse. Back in early March they were advertising their snowblowers on my local Craigslist for $400 for the 30" wheeled blower and $500 for the tracked. I decided at that price it was worth my time to go up and get one! I ended up getting a wheeled version as I was worried about where to get the tracks once they wore out as DHT is bankrupt. It was cool being able to walk right into the warehouse and pick out the exact one I wanted from a bunch of them. I took quite a while playing with all the features on them before I made my decision.

I haven't been able to use it yet as where I'm at in Colorado we never got even an inch of snow since February. I will say that the machine's build quality impresses me. The auger looks to be an exact copy of an Ariens, the engine is very nice and quiet (WAY quieter than my old Tecumseh 10 horse), and I'm really looking forward to using the heated hand grips. I'm glad to see your's did well in 10" of snow as I was a little worried the engine might not have enough power being a 302cc.

After I bought it I found out that DR sells almost the exact same snowblower so if we need parts we can get them from there.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts