Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum. Just uncovered in elderly friend's estate a 1963 Ariens Model 10M-L60D blower with vac attachment. It's dusty but seems all intact--been stored probably 20yrs.
Is this still a viable machine or just so much scrap steel? It
10m-l60d.jpg
IMG_1479.jpg
IMG_1479.jpg
sure is a big boy! What about parts?

·
Registered
460 Posts
thread from earlier this week--

As far as your new toys, yes they are still viable, it's likely pre 64' and the engine has been swapped at least once....How about some model numbers from the tractor, attachment(s), and engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check around on the attachments and see if the attachment model numbers and serials are still visible, they should be little white decals.
Thanks guys for your responses. I will get model/serial numbers. What I really need is some general idea of how to sell it and price it. I'm responsible for liquidating an old friend's estate and am clueless as to $$$$.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
@Rich,

Unfortunately, even though those 10000 series are well built machines, (I have 2 of the10000 series) they are old, a lot of people don't want to repair them, as takes some knowledge to replace the friction drive, etc. All my 8 snowblowers were obtained for free.

I personally have never used the vac attachment, so I'm not sure how that would perform, but with a bagger rider that mulches the leaves as well, is my go to for leaves.

I suppose sitting for 20 years, much needed work is in order ..... If you can get it running, and have the bag for the vac, maybe 100.00 ?????

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Vac attachment is fairly rare and could bring decent money if you can find a Ariens fan that really wants to fill out his collection. Unfortunately, shipping would be a killer so that limits your opportunities as well. Perhaps place an ad here in the classifieds to gauge interest. Be sure to include your location as your not going to get much response without it.
As the others have said, the SnoThro isn't going to bring a lot unless it runs and moves. They are pretty commonly advertized year round on C-list and the like. Some advertize them in the $300-400 range but it's crazy to pay that. If the electric start works and it's a runner I say $150 MAX for a super clean example.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm constantly looking for the mower/leaf vac/snowblower but never seen one for sale near me. Too expensive to ship, not worth it to travel for and rent a trailer. I just think its cool and I like tinkering!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm constantly looking for the mower/leaf vac/snowblower but never seen one for sale near me. Too expensive to ship, not worth it to travel for and rent a trailer. I just think its cool and I like tinkering!
Connecticut had a lot of folks who bought vintage Arien trac team stuff, NJ and Philly too, In fact those two areas may have been the largest concentration.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Connecticut had a lot of folks who bought vintage Arien trac team stuff, NJ and Philly too, In fact those two areas may have been the largest concentration.
Hmmmm... interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Coincidentally I just picked up the Boston Lawnmower company clipper deck that fits the Ariens st824. Brand new as well! I heard that they made a leaf vacuum attachment too?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts