Snowblower Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something we all may not have thought of, is Chinese oil any good? Because the Chinese engines we buy or are on our machines when they are new, aren't they using Chinese oil? Anybody know anything about Chinese oil? If you saw a quart or a jug of it on the shelf, would you buy it? Or laugh at it! Hmmm. Lol

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
As far as I know shipping companies don't want fluid in them because of hazmat regs. when I got that 13hp shipped to me there was no oil in it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
even cars made overseas have no fluids in them, dealers add the necessary fluids but i dont get how they drive them off the boat, i could search but it was just "um" thought

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
even cars made overseas have no fluids in them, dealers add the necessary fluids but i dont get how they drive them off the boat, i could search but it was just "um" thought
No... vehicles are shipped with all basic fluids and a couple gallons of gas. Ro/Ro ships are very well ventilated, and a vehicle's fuel system is advanced.

Small engines, or small-engined machines, with their much less sophisticated fuel systems, get boxed and stuffed into sealed containers by the hundreds/thousands, so posing a much higher risk of fire or explosion and thus shipped dry.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
To answer the other half of the OPs question, if I saw Chinese oil at my local store I'd definitely pass on it. Unless I was breaking in an engine... Chinese oil could probably do that in 5 minutes. :icon_whistling:

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
If it met SAE specs, it should be as good as "American" oil or is it Saudi Oil or Canadian Oil or ??? If it says Chinese oil would it really be Chinese or re-branded Russian Federation oil ???

Here is the place to find all your answers and ask all your questions on oil: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.