Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and really appreciate all the knowledge everyone has. Can someone please let me know the part number for a new carburetor for a Craftsman 944.529201? My old one gummed up, and I think it's easier to replace the whole carburetor if I can find it on ebay, versus trying to repair my old one. THANKS everyone!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and really appreciate all the knowledge everyone has. Can someone please let me know the part number for a new carburetor for a Craftsman 944.529201? My old one gummed up, and I think it's easier to replace the whole carburetor if I can find it on ebay, versus trying to repair my old one. THANKS everyone!
Welcome.
I have no luck in finding anything for Canadian machines.
I guess you don't have the manual?
What is it a 8/27?
If you do get an el cheapo try to clean yours and keep as a spare.
I put an el cheapo on mine and knock on wood it's been fine for 2 years now.
I did clean the old one for a spare.
Maybe an engine number would help us here?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It covers a lot of Canadian model power equipment. Tractors, mowers, trimmers and most but not all snow blowers.Just like here, they are built for Sears by Murray, Noma and MTD.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
We need the engine make and model number. Post a pic of the engine. Is it a Tecumseh or Chinese? Tecumseh is easy, only 3, 5hp, 7hp, 8-10hp carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. Attached are 3 pictures off my machine (including engine and model). I tried to purchase a carburetor that was compatible with part #79122 (which I found off the on-line manual) but when the part arrived it was much to big. I just don't know where to purchase again. Amazon? Ebay? THere are so many selections and model numbers. Has anyone purchased this carburetor for their machine and able to put it on?

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Get the model type and code off the valve cover and post it here. The valve cover is usually galvanized colored and has OHV stamped in it. The info is stamped along one of the edges. Consult the link below.

FIND YOUR B&S MODEL NUMBER

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks deezlfan. I was able to find this stamp next to the UHV stamp. Does that help? Look like it says 090918 88 15C114 8939E8. Really appreciate your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like the replies stopped?? I greatly appreciate the expertise on this forum. Please do share if anyone has additional ideas. Many thanks

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Scan the bar code, it will bring you to the Craftsman website, it may list the engine and carb numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts