Snowblower Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
To the best of my ability, the cable goes into a spring right next to the idler pulley for the drive belt; (the larger idler - on top - below). When I squeeze the drive lever, the ONLY thing that happens is the idler pulley moves into the drive belt, (adds more tension to it). But, since it's already spinning, not sure what squeezing the drive lever ultimately does to the operation of the machine. Squeezing the drive lever to NOT change the position of the friction plate/disc. The only thing that does that is the Shift Selector. View attachment 182167
if pressing the handle just adds more pressure to an already spinning belt the belt is either too small or adjusted improperly. the belt should not spin until the lever is depressed.

^^^ Just what Carl said , and what I said prior... the purpose of the drive lever is to engage the drive ... if the drive belt is already engaged, something is not right.

You might want to again look at that belt and its route.

Wow, I just saw 82 posts and 5 pages on this and not resolved ... weird.

I guarantee you if I had that machine, I would have had it figured out right quick. Snowblowers are actually pretty straight forward in there designs.

What does this cable do.
It doesn’t appear to be the traction cable

Belt guide doesn’t appear to be near traction belt

Take more photos of machine Of this area
Someone might spot the smoking gun

In earlier post of parts breakdown that was posted not positive if correct model
But showed split pulley with 2 spacers between sheeves
Is this the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #85 ·
^^^ Just what Carl said , and what I said prior... the purpose of the drive lever is to engage the drive ... if the drive belt is already engaged, something is not right.

You might want to again look at that belt and its route.

Wow, I just saw 82 posts and 5 pages on this and not resolved ... weird.

I guarantee you if I had that machine, I would have had it figured out right quick. Snowblowers are actually pretty straight forward in there designs.
Well; now we're talkin' Smack!!! :cool:. I've fixed hundreds of snowblowers, chainsaws, weed whackers, lawn mowers - this ain't my first rodeo by any stretch ...hence my shared frustration (if that's what we can call it) that this post is still going.

This is a brand new belt with the OEM part number. It operates EXACTLY as the last belt. I don't recall a previous belt.

Maybe this is the million dollar question but: How do I "adjust" it? Groomerz points out something I brought up before re "spacers" between the sheaves. I think that may be my issue as I don't believe there are spaces on my setup....

GETTING CLOSER. Thanks all.

I see in that That parts list you showed with no spacers

There are belt guides that I don’t see in your pics

Belt guide cause belt to stand up in pulley and not grab belt on top of pulley

More pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I already mentioned belt guides? Everything under the sun was mentioned in this 5 page 90 post thread.

He is obviously missing something crucial ... That is why I asked if he could have another person with mechanical ability look it over in person, maybe a relative or friend? As he is certainly not able to locate the problem.

Yeah, I already mentioned belt guides? Everything under the sun was mentioned in this 5 page 90 post thread.

He is obviously missing something crucial ... That is why I asked if he could have another person with mechanical ability look it over in person, maybe a relative or friend? As he is certainly not able to locate the problem.
Although not a competition, people are familiar with your "I already mentioned every solution." Several people are struggling with the basic difference this machine is not like the others, it is a Yamaha in orange clothing with a Tec engine.. I think jaytpilk is fine to roam his own garage without family, friend or forum appointed supervision too:).
The title of the post is "Does anyone own a Husqvarna 10-30e snowblower?" There are little to no posts, blurbs, or manuals for this machine. I personally sent husqvarna a question about this machines manuals and how none of it's model/product numbers have hits on their website. They linked me to a 3rd party online pop up window service:rolleyes:I think jaytpilk may have better luck in the Yamaha section asking about the operation of older YS624, 928's or VALID links to a YS service manual.. These older models have much more engaged ownership than Husq and frankly are more tolerant than some here that want the same answer to every poster question.

Onto other thoughts regarding the drive idler arm/pulley/system. Jaytpilk, back to talking about the idler wheel itself having a slot adjustment in the arm. Is it possible that pulley was replaced with an oversized one? I ask because as we both noted it appeared to have more slot room for adjustment, but the pulley was already touching the frame.
Also, when looking up in the nether regions of the belly, do you see a brake tab or post on the idler arm itself? I guess it could be hidden up so high the belt is on the outside, maybe. I found a pic from a Yamaha one, but the arm looks different than the Husq IPL diagram arm.
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Bumper

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Hey onebolt, not sure if someone swapped in a larger idler pulley. But, (to all), I can say that I went to Lowes today and bought a couple washers, "spacers", and put one on ...and it absolutely appears to have done the trick, in that the sheave halves are further apart and the belt is MUCH looser. It got dark out early, and cold, and I need to put the auger sheave with key back on, tighten everything up, but, it will be interesting to see. I am optimistic this could be my solution.

Thanks all.

Belt not sitting in the pulley properly will sure do it, ..... a wrong belt size of width or pitch will also give a bad outcome.

I never seen a split pulley on a blower application in all my years.

Glad you finally got it figured it out.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Belt not sitting in the pulley properly will sure do it, ..... a wrong belt size of width or pitch will also give a bad outcome.

I never seen a split pulley on a blower application in all my years.

Glad you finally got it figured it out.
Well, I HOPE I've figured it out. I definitely widened the gap of the sheaves and my belt now sits a LOT lower into it - thus giving it some slack. Once I tighten it all down, I'll know for sure when I start it up. I'll report back. Weird how one person shared a shcematic that showed this machine having 1 or 2 spacers. The schematic I found showed NO spacers. Certainly, as onebolt pointed out: Not a lot of documentation on this machine.

Oh well. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, not to worry .... The more you are into the workings of a machine, the more you come away with a better understanding of its operations .... Over time, you acquire a certain skill set for not only that particular unit, but it carries forward into other unit understanding as well.

Sounds like you'll be fine .... 👍👍👌👌

Yeah, I am aware that there are split pulleys out there, as I have come across them in other applications .... Just never came across one on a snowblower in all my years ...

Yup ... Being a brand new machine, I never had a reason to dismantle it, thus never seen one on a snowblower ...... Maybe in a few years, with my limited machine run time on my machines, due to my abundant fleet, I will come across one .... :)

I only dismantle a machine when I have to do a repair or a complete restore. ... :)

I am so looking forward to putting that one through its paces ..... C'mon snow .... :)

Oh yeah, and my restored JD 826, and my newer Ariens 724 with new engine single shaft install .

Reactions: Darby
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.