Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we got about 10-11" of wet heavy snow Tuesday night- Wednesday morning on top of not frozen ground. I figured this would be a pretty tough test for the Dr and it was. My driveway is gravel and dirt and I had the scraper bar set about 3/4" off the garage floor( in hindsight I should've set it higher, live and learn). In these snow conditions, the Dr was still blowing the snow at least 35-40 feet, although I was only using 1st and 2nd gear. The machine ate up the EOD monster complete with some gravel :( and never bogged down. The auto turn system worked fine and the machine tracked straight for the most part. The only exceptions were when a skid shoe would dig into a soft spot but even then only a little correction was needed. I do have a set of Armor Skids from my old MTD that I may install, but I wanted to try the stock ones first. My biggest issue was getting used to the "reversed" auger and drive controls, more than once I found my self releasing the auger drive instead of the wheel drive. I do think it could use a little more power, perhaps the 302cc Loncin would have been a better choice than the 252cc. All in all I'm happy so far, the machine performed well and made short work of some pretty sloppy conditions.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Wet heavy snow is a challenge for any blower, regardless of brand …. Any machine like a snowblower requires a few runs to get the "feel" of the machine, as they all have there traits.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Good to hear it went well. Some nice options on those for the price also.

Reactions: TooTall999

·
Registered
124 Posts
I took a quick look at the DR blowers. They look pretty nice, seem well thought out.
Thanks for your review which I enjoyed reading.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Geez, 11" of wet heavy stuff....just the other day it broke 65* here and had to take a ride on the old scooter for the last time!!!!maybe?
Winter is imminent...We're ready!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Another wet heavy 4-6". I have installed the Armor Skids, adjusted to a 3/4" gap on the shave plate. Much better with an established snow base from the last storm. This machine is simply the best value in an under $1,000 snow blower on the market today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts