Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just learned that there is a great contraption out there called a Drainzit. I checked a few sites, and can't find any one Drainzit that fits an Ariens 921037 snowblower specifically. Then again, I just got new glasses and can't see worth S%%t out of them. Anyone know what diameter thread I need, or a specific part number I can order?:nerd:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cutter
What I have seen done and much cheaper.....get a length of pipe with same thread, but long enough to clear your wheels. ( I think galvanized pipe is easy available at CTC or Home Depot, Home Hardware) Thread that end and put on a brass rad **** (from CTC) on the outboard end, (or use a ball valve.. maybe a bit too big? & overkill)
You can now change oil without spilling oil on the wheels, tractor, or the driveway. Best part ... no wrench to drain oil needed. I would worry that that hose were to crack in cold temps & you trash your engine.

Hope this helps
ron3033

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
If it's to aid draining, if it's a Tecumseh engine it should be the same as 1/4" pipe. You can get a length of pipe to extend the oil drain over the wheel. If you're worried about catching it on something you can do like I do, raise the wheel to shift the oil to the other side, use a pipe coupler and pipe extension and add it to the engine drain pipe and lower the machine down with a container under the pipe and drain away. When it's all drained, remove the coupler and pipe extension and cap the engine drain again and filler her up with oil.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Last I checked LCT/Ariens AX were using 1/4" NPT like a tecumseh or Briggs. As far as the "hose freezing" Simplicity use(ed) the same style on their Signature line Briggs engines. At least for the Briggs brands they used Greenbar which is automotive rated so if its cold enough for that rubber to crack im not sure you'd want to be outside.

I don't think the Drainzit will give you much benefit since LCT started cutting flats into the tube. In either case you still need 2 wrenches and there is minimal worry of the whole tube unscrewing. If you're going to do the work then make it tool-less with something like a fumoto or ez drain valve on the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts