Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a drainzit HON1010 for my new Toro QZE 721 snowblower and have a couple questions for anyone that's installed one on their engines.

1. When installing it do I put the old metal washer from the factory plug on with the rubber O-ring that came with the drainzit or do I just install it with the rubber O-ring itself?

2. Is this going to increase the capacity of how much oil I need to put in my engine since some of the oil is going to go into the drainzit tube itself. Normally the drain plug would stop the oil so you wouldn't have to put as much in your engine but with the tube on there now some will go into the tube.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I would use just the o ring and the tiny amount of oil in the tube isn't going to make enough difference to worry about. Did it come with an instruction sheet?

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, I know the Toro doesn't have NPT threads, I just wasn't sure if I should use both the metal washer and the O-ring and if so do I put the O ring on first and then the metal washer or the washer and then the o ring

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
If it were me I would probably use just the o ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts