Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Drainzit drain hose install on my Honda snowblower.
No mess/ No spills. 14 inch hose.

$22-27 bucks on Ebay/Amazon depending on size.

I bought the one that fits on both sizes on a Honda since I do so many oil changes.
10-12mm drain plug bolt heads. one end is 10mm and the other end fits the 12.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
654 Posts
The bottom bracket is held on with a shoulder bolt so it is just slightly loose. You can see the grease around the inside washer in this picture.
Material property Automotive lighting Rim Auto part Electric blue

I believe this allows the lower freelock bracket to pivot and not bind up the piston rod.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love the Drainzit drain hose install on my Honda snowblower.
No mess/ No spills. 14 inch hose.

$22-27 bucks on Ebay/Amazon depending on size.

I bought the one that fits on both sizes on a Honda since I do so many oil changes.
10-12mm drain plug bolt heads. one end is 10mm and the other end fits the 12. View attachment 197733
Seems very nice I just don't see why it is necessary. I have a long neck funnel and it slips way up and under the drain plug, and goes beyond the tracks into the bucket. i have used fumoto valves before so I am not against their use, i just don't see the necessity here when you can get a clean neat job without one.

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bottom bracket is held on with a shoulder bolt so it is just slightly loose. You can see the grease around the inside washer in this picture.
View attachment 197787
I believe this allows the lower freelock bracket to pivot and not bind up the piston rod.
Thanks. I was wondering why this floats a little. People have asked me and I told them to ask dealer as I had no answer.

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems very nice I just don't see why it is necessary. I have a long neck funnel and it slips way up and under the drain plug, and goes beyond the tracks into the bucket. i have used fumoto valves before so I am not against their use, i just don't see the necessity here when you can get a clean neat job without one.
On some ( the key word here is "some" ) Honda models it is almost Impossible to get a "clean" drain no matter what kind of funnel you use. Believe me I have tried everything until this came along. I do services for people if any dripped down the engine bed it would accumulate on the bottom cross belly plate and invariably leak onto the owners garage floor and then they would contact me in a panic that their Honda was leaking oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On some ( the key word here is "some" ) Honda models it is almost Impossible to get a "clean" drain no matter what kind of funnel you use. Believe me I have tried everything until this came along. I do services for people if any dripped down the engine bed it would accumulate on the bottom cross belly plate and invariably leak onto the owners garage floor and then they would contact me in a panic that their Honda was leaking oil.
Yes I see your point, oil under the block would be an issue. When I got mine (one year ago) I could see some residual oil doing exactly what you describe, although not enough to even drip. I figured it must have been when the dealer added the oil some got under there. Easy to do on the fill or drain.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
For those of you who added the Drainzit to the end of the extender, you're doing it wrong... It should be installed without the extender, which typically would be one size larger. 12M vs 10M on the large blocks GX240+ and 10M vs 8M on the GX200 and smaller. You can also opt for a larger 3/8" bore hose now, as well.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I am going to be extremely lazy here and ask which size would fit my HS50. I changed the oil in it two weeks ago and I need to get one.
Well, that's a G200 engine, so the drain plug is:
90131-896-650BOLT, DRAIN PLUG (12X15)
Drainzit models would be: 1012 (1/4" Hose) or 1412 (3/8" hose)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, that's a G200 engine, so the drain plug is:
90131-896-650BOLT, DRAIN PLUG (12X15)
Drainzit models would be: 1012 (1/4" Hose) or 1412 (3/8" hose)
Tabora I know you are much more knowledgeable about the Honda products than I am but could you verify your information? I searched the HS522,HS622 parts manual from 1999 and the diagram although not specifically mentioning the drain bolt size, shows a 10.2 mm washer so I wonder if it is a 10 mm drain bolt?
Line Font Material property Parallel Line art

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Tabora I know you are much more knowledgeable about the Honda products than I am but could you verify your information? I searched the HS522,HS622 parts manual from 1999 and the diagram although not specifically mentioning the drain bolt size, shows a 10.2 mm washer so I wonder if it is a 10 mm drain bolt?
Well, he was asking about an HS50 with a G200 flathead engine, so completely different beast.
White Vertebrate Product Organ Organism

Reactions: Toon

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
50 . will check to be sure.

50 has a 12mm head drain bolt. The Dranzit used to list this as 10-12mm ( some have the 10 on one end and 12 on the other ) hose but now it is 3/8th inch as @tabora mentioned above.

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those of you who added the Drainzit to the end of the extender, you're doing it wrong... It should be installed without the extender, which typically would be one size larger. 12M vs 10M on the large blocks GX240+ and 10M vs 8M on the GX200 and smaller. You can also opt for a larger 3/8" bore hose now, as well.
On this 1132 extender the drain plug is a 10mm bolt head. I installed the smaller drainzit hose on this. strange , yes . If I removed the extender then you are right......of course. You are the tech person here.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
On this 1132 extender the drain plug is a 10mm bolt head. I installed the smaller drainzit hose on this. strange , yes . If I removed the extender then you are right......of course. You are the tech person here.
I have an old 11/32 and an old 7/24. So the 10mm should fit both right ? That is by removing the extender. . If I am recalling correctly, the extender crush washer is the same size on both ends of the extender.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I have an old 11/32 and an old 7/24. So the 10mm should fit both right ? That is by removing the extender. . If I am recalling correctly, the extender crush washer is the same size on both ends of the extender.
Nope. The HS1132 will have an M12 drain = Drainzit Model 1012 (1/4" Hose) or 1412 (3/8" hose) and the HS724 will have an M10 drain = Drainzit Model 1010 (1/4" Hose).

Reactions: 2badknees
1 - 20 of 20 Posts