Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today the drive belt of my snowblower came off. I've put everything back in place, but know it seems that when the drive plate hits the friction wheel the belt stop running like it's getting stuck.

What's my problem know?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It would be easier for members to respond to your question if they had a little more information to work with. Make, model number, year, and some photos if you can.

Not all snow blowers are the same.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yaaisuu,

Mathieu, was the V belt guard off when you checked to see if it was running true and staying on the driven pulley while the snubber pulley was putting pressure against the V belt?

If the V belt has rubber coming off into the palm of your hand you need a new belt. Your snow mule may just need a new drive belt if it only has one V belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The belt stays in place when the snubber pulley is putting pressure against the V belt but I notice that the belt is loose a little bit.

As you say maybe I only need a new belt. I'll give a try tomorrow. Hoping the engine is not damage...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hello Mathieu,

If the V belt is loose when the snubber is fully engaged you need a new belt Be sure to take the blet with you to an auto supply place so you can purchase the same exact V belt. The identification numbers are molded into the wide part of the belt so you can purchase the right one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my owners manual it say's that I need to bought a 419744 belt. On internet, I could find oem belts (1/2 x 34,5) @ 30$ and aftermarket (1/2 x 34) @ 10$. Looks like the aftermarket ones are a bit smaller. Should it be ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts