Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Ebay tachs, one installed on my 10/32 and one on my 8/25. Both have fogged up the display while blowing the latest Noreaster. One has a replaceable battery - I tried to seal the back with duct tape and the front edge with electrical tape but it still fogged. The other is "sealed" but still fogged. Has anyone else has this issue? Might have to just stick it in a ziplock to keep it dry. I am at a loss to figure out where the water is getting in.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What brand are these? I'm looking to buy one.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brand are these? I'm looking to buy one.
They are the generic non branded ones found all over Ebay for around $10.00. They look identical to the ones Dauntae has listed. I have actually had 3. The first one I took apart when it stopped working (wet inside). The replaceable battery unit --I have replaced the battery 3 times when it went blank. All batteries tested OK, but each time the unit came back to life. I think water is seeping inside the front panel. I took the first one apart tonight. Not much inside except for a circuit board and battery. The front panel is glued? onto the plastic case. it must let a tiny bit of water pass. When the units work , they are great, but they don't like wet snow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try baking the wet tach in an oven at 100-120 degrees for a little bit. Then seal
the tach in a plastic box that you can buy in the dollar stores!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I glued back lid with superglue when it came out. If you squeeze tach it will pop right out. After gluing in place have not had any problems with fogging up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts