Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Dropping off a Lawn Tractor and some Snowblower Scrap at the Local Yard, and Spied a 1977 or so 8hp 924 Series Someone had just Dropped off. The Auger had a Newer Style Gearbox, so after talking with the Head Honcho, Left with the Auger Assembly. Later to find the Rakes Frozen to the Shaft. After Spending some Time Trying to Break the Rakes Free with No Success, I Cut the Shaft, and was able to Slide it out of the Gearbox. Removing the Roll Pin in this was "Interesting" to say the Least...Replaced the Shaft with One in the Pile...The Gear in This was Rather Impressive( Sorry, no pic). I'll save this one for Later.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was Dropping off a Lawn Tractor and some Snowblower Scrap at the Local Yard, and Spied a 1977 or so 8hp 924 Series Someone had just Dropped off. The Auger had a Newer Style Gearbox, so after talking with the Head Honcho, Left with the Auger Assembly. Later to find the Rakes Frozen to the Shaft. After Spending some Time Trying to Break the Rakes Free with No Success, I Cut the Shaft, and was able to Slide it out of the Gearbox. Removing the Roll Pin in this was "Interesting" to say the Least...Replaced the Shaft with One in the Pile...The Gear in This was Rather Impressive( Sorry, no pic). I'll save this one for Later.
Nice save Jack!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats the compact cast iron box they sell to replace the old aluminum box. They have sold it for 12+ years now but for the price we dont do many.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats the compact cast iron box they sell to replace the old aluminum box. They have sold it for 12+ years now but for the price we dont do many.
Any details on this cast iron replacement box, and possibly a part number? My 924118 has the aluminum box and a stuck rake which may not survive disassembly. Thanks!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Any details on this cast iron replacement box, and possibly a part number? My 924118 has the aluminum box and a stuck rake which may not survive disassembly. Thanks!
If you search for "Ariens 924118 parts" on google, and then go to the "Gear Case-Aluminum" parts diagram on, you will find the part number for the entire cast iron assembly:

Ariens 52423000 (replaces 52408100)

It's about $250 w/ shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the info, folks! That is indeed one pricey unit so I will make every effort to keep the old one intact!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts