Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a Toro Chute Swap and Impeller Seal on this one Today. Tried it on some snowpiles, Like Night and Day-It Throws Great! There were some sizable gaps in the impeller+wall....
DSCF0643.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
i did this mod on my fathers st824 2 years ago. i cut the ring off the ariens chute base and rewelded the toro chute to the ariens ring

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
:smiley-confused013:

hmmm, trade secret , bolted on plastic chute, and two votes for welded.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Chute is Steel. Nice Try.
Ahh. Couldnt tell if it was plastic or metal on my phone screen. Looks like i will be on the hunt for an appropriate chute to mod my old ariens!
Thanks for posting the pic.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Powershift chutes are Plentiful vs Bolt-on Ariens Tall ones. Using a Whizzer I cut the Original chute off the Flange, leaving 3 "Posts" of metal about 4" high. Once The Powershift Flange is Removed, You need to Open it up to size on the bottom. I drill a hole in the back of the chute and the Center "Post", and bolt it Together. Then Tack the Side "Posts" with Welder. I could get Fancy, but This Method Works Fine for "Flipper" Machines. For Those without a Welder, Bolts Could be used in the Side Posts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thanks for the research and development Jack...I'm going to try that on the next 10000 series I put together. I hate to use the tall Ariens chutes on machines I'm going to sell.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I see. The reason I ask is because I am wondering if there would be any advantage for me to do it on my ST824 with the medium height chute.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do an Impeller Seal. You'll be All Set.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah. I have one of the old original Clarence impeller kits on there.

Just looking for a means to extend the chute. I have an idea for attaching something to the end but here where I am in the valley of western MA we haven't had a great deal of snow by me to use for experimenting; the last two Snowmageddon's were a total bust.

Thanks for the input

K

1 - 20 of 20 Posts