Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here.
I bought an ego snowblower last year and was surprised at how powerful it was and really enjoyed clearing snow last season. This season, suddenly the auger is not spinning. It looks like the shear pins are both fine. There is power, it starts up, lights work, drives etc. When I engage the auger I can hear the motor going but the auger is not moving. I assumed first thing it had to be shear pins. Is there a belt in there? Can't see any belts on the parts list or diagram.. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a support case in with ego but it's been 6-7 days and no response yet and there's more snow coming! Thanks

Ego SNT2405

· Registered
865 Posts
If it is still under warranty I wouldn't do anything with it at all, lest they later claim that you broke it trying to fix it. If it is out of warranty then you probably have nothing to lose by slowly taking things apart (making sure to take lots of photos on the way) and see what isn't connected to what it should be connected to.

I have no knowledge of Ego machines, I'm old school and think gasoline is the only way to go for snowblowers.

· Premium Member
924 Posts
Yeah, possibly there's some sort of coupler between the motor and the impeller shaft that's failed.

· Registered
210 Posts

Looks like there's a gear case that is part of the motor assembly, part #34, $402.

Is the impeller spinning? If so it may be the front auger gearcase, part #8, $214.

I don't know what else it could be if the shear pins are all good. Maybe a keyed shaft or pin that has broken? I'm just guessing.

Hope it's under warranty. But even then you'll probably have to send it off and may not get it back this winter.

My neighbor has two EGO mowers, because he had to get a second one when he sent the first one in for a warranty repair that took 2 months.

Good luck.

· Registered
677 Posts
Not that I can find. Their single stage blowers have a belt.
Is it planetary drive like the snow joe? There is zero way to tell unless you crack it open because the parts diagram is useless and the whole shot is offered only as an entire auger drive assembly. Which is meant to mean they don't want any service mechanics going in there. If it is, there is a possibility for overheat, but then the motor would just stall and overload the electricals.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello, new here.
I bought an ego snowblower last year and was surprised at how powerful it was and really enjoyed clearing snow last season. This season, suddenly the auger is not spinning. It looks like the shear pins are both fine. There is power, it starts up, lights work, drives etc. When I engage the auger I can hear the motor going but the auger is not moving. I assumed first thing it had to be shear pins. Is there a belt in there? Can't see any belts on the parts list or diagram.. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a support case in with ego but it's been 6-7 days and no response yet and there's more snow coming! Thanks

Ego SNT2405
is the fan spinning? have you actually removed the shear pins to make sure they're intact? if yes to both, then it's likely the worm drive for the augers that has failed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts