Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newbie here so sorry if the question has been asked before.

I have a ten year old Cub Cadet 526WE that has a single bulb in the handle assembly. I'd like to add a couple of LED lights but don't want to overload the alternator coil. Any idea how I can find out the output available?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Easy way... change exiting bulb to led and add another led light, or disconnect OEM light and connect a couple new led's. the OEM bulb may show what amp or watts it is. Don't go over that with new lights or the combinAtion of. Leds are low amp so it takes a few to reach amps of a halogen bulb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
:welcome: to SBF bruker

You might want to post the numbers off the engine. That would help with looking it up and seeing what it has available to run lights. You need to figure out what the engine can put out and then the draw of any lights you might want to use to make sure it's not more than the engine can produce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine is a Tecumseh 8.5hp Model #LH318SA.

I replaced the original bulb with an LED a few years back but I think it was an 1144 (25watt) or a 1156 (27watt).

·
Registered
102 Posts
According to a 526WE manual I found online, the OE bulb in that blower is p/n 925-04213 which, they say, is rated at 12.5V & 37.5W.

Replacing that lamp with two 18W LED assemblies rated for 12V should work.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Take a look at the wire from the light all the way to the engine usually to a clip near/under the gas tank. Then look at this post #51 for wire colors. (you may need to pull the protective coating back to see wire colors. The bulb "rating" doesn't always tell the alternator because they will sometimes place a higher rated bulb to avoid "dirty" power and rpm variance.
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/15737-need-heated-hand-grips-6.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts