Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I forgot the name of the dial (not the choke level rabbit-turtle). It's the dial where you slowly turn after starting to get full throttle.

When I turn the throttle half way, it seems like it's at full power, but when I turn it all the way like you're suppose to, the engine gets weaker. The engine does not hunt or surge.

What's up with my Tory-Bilt 168CC?

sorry if it gets confusing; i don't know the name of the dial and lever .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like you might still have partial choke engagement? With THR full open slowly turn the choke lever counter clockwise to see if the performance improves (or clockwise as the case maybe).

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sounds like you might still have partial choke engagement? With THR full open slowly turn the choke lever counter clockwise to see if the performance improves (or clockwise as the case maybe).
Better send a pic of what you see and trying to explain, make sure to be close enough to see properly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It sounds like the choke knob dial, same as mine on my 179cc Troy-Bilt snow blower engine. Sounds like Fruggy might have a partially blocked carb and by running it choke rich it helps.

Whimsey

·
Registered
78 Posts
The "Rabbit - Turtle" lever is the THROTTLE and should be the only control you use to increase or decrease the engine speed...The [other] control is the choke, and should be closed for start up , then slowly opened...till fully open..Clockwise an CCW can be misleading until you see which direction is blocking or opening the airway..

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
+1 with ^^^ and report on your findings please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the exhaust outlet looking black, the choke can be the issue. If the outlet looks light in color good chance it is running lean, if light don't run it until you clean the carb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts