Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a briggs 2100 snow series(ariens version) onto my white 45" snowboss blower....the stock headlight has one wire running to it and the briggs has 2 wires coming out with a dual wire plug....I had it engine up taking a wire and putting it to the single wire from the stock headlight and into each opening of the briggs and neither lit up the headlight.....what I am doing wrong and what do I need to do to make it work? thanks
let me know if u need any more info

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
One is going to be your power, and the other your power. I can't tell you which is which, but if you have a multi-meter, you may able to narrow things down.

·
Registered
604 Posts
just put a briggs 2100 snow series(ariens version) onto my white 45" snowboss blower....the stock headlight has one wire running to it and the briggs has 2 wires coming out with a dual wire plug....I had it engine up taking a wire and putting it to the single wire from the stock headlight and into each opening of the briggs and neither lit up the headlight.....what I am doing wrong and what do I need to do to make it work? thanks
let me know if u need any more info
Testing the wires takes no time at all and takes any guess work out of it. But my guess is that you don't ground your light to the engine/frame with this new motor, but instead get both sides of your AC lighting circuit from the two wires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah ok...so u need both wires to get your 120...I checked them with a voltmeter and didn't get anything out of them...so if that's the case do I need a new light as it only has one wire going to it...I cant imagine u can twist the two coming out of the engine together! lol....

·
Registered
604 Posts
ah ok...so u need both wires to get your 120...I checked them with a voltmeter and didn't get anything out of them...so if that's the case do I need a new light as it only has one wire going to it...I cant imagine u can twist the two coming out of the engine together! lol....
You tested the wires together and got nothing?
You won't get 120 from them, more like ~12-20 volts, most likely AC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I did each one individually and to ground....ill check both together.....whats the solution to get it to work with the one wire out of the stock headlight? or do I need to replace it?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You could get a set of cheap fog lights from Auto Zone that have a similar wiring set up, and are probably about the same size and out put

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well...I bought one of those universal light kits from amazon....it has only one wire running to it also.........both wires coming out of the engine are power...together I get like 6 volts at idle....
what the heck light do I need?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts