Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking into purchasing an Ariens Deluxe 24". How do you like it?

A neighbor has one and has had problems with the chute control where the gears mesh. Has that been a problem for anyone else?

Any other problems that I should be concerned with?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Problems? Forgetting to turn all the buttons and switches on so it starts 😉

Really though: mine runs like a charm. Tried the electric start ONCE (just to see if it worked) and it did.

Pull start now, everytime I needed it/first time every time (assuming all the buttons and switches are turned on that is 🤣 🤣 )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be looking at a "new" one from a dealer. Is auto turn a good thing? I gather a cast iron gear box is good to have.

So no one has had a problem with the gears that turn the chute?

You guys are good. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are pretty nice machines. Where and how much do you need to clear?
There may be a better fit. An expert on that one will be along shortly.
I am in MA near Boston, and have a relatively level three car width driveway about fifty feet long. In some areas I blow it to one side to avoid getting it on the walkway to the front door. I have enjoyed a 7HP Ariens from the late 60's or early 70's that is failing me. It has a racing problem that I am looking into.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A racing problem? You mean at full throttle, the engine revs to fast? ... that is usually a governor setting usually corrected by turning the little screw by the throttle lever usually located on the engine flywheel cover in many setups.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts