Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much set myself. I mixed up a fresh batch of 50:1 for the Toro Powerlite and got it fired up the other day. While putting the mower away, I got the Honda HS622 out and changed the oil and put in a new spark plug.

So, I'm ready, bring on the snow!

Anybody else got their machines out and ready?

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
i'm going to do an oil change on the craftsman and the toro by weeks end. all the single stage snowblowers except the ccr 3000e are ready to go

·
Registered
244 Posts
Used 4 liters(1 gal) already.
Nov 9, 10 and 11 we had a snow dump of 12 in.(30cm) plus. The 11th was a bit windy which piled it into some drifts, but wasn't too bad.
This weekend had temperatures around the freezing point.
Now if I believe the weather forcast, by Thur we could expect up to another 15cm(6in.).
I'll just wait until that happens, in the mean time the blower is fueled up and ready to go.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that's pretty much how much snow I get in a whole season right there!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow, that's pretty much how much snow I get in a whole season right there!
Not the norm, but over the winter we can usually expect a couple of feet.
Lately the weather has been at the extremes, floods then drought.
Hard to say if we will get any more large amounts of snow, usually it's 1 to 2 in. in a storm.
Snow fall by itself is not bad, but when the winds howl (30 to 50mph) the drifts get really large.

·
Registered
244 Posts
On Wednesday mother nature decided to dump another 15 to 20 cm (6 to 8 in.).
But before the snow fall we had 1/4 in. of rain.
As the temp dropped the rain changed to snow.
What a mess, fortunately the power remained on.
Snow blower had a good work out again.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
On Wednesday mother nature decided to dump another 15 to 20 cm (6 to 8 in.).
But before the snow fall we had 1/4 in. of rain.
As the temp dropped the rain changed to snow.
What a mess, fortunately the power remained on.
Snow blower had a good work out again.
nosnow to speak of other than some snowflake blowing in the wind. i plan on taking my last ride of the year on the goldwing in early december so i really don't want to see snow on the road yet :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
went and got my snow blower yesterday out of storage shed and brought it home. i will have to get it started and grease it. only got a few snow flakes also. gayland

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I changed the transmission oil in my HS622 today, and brought the Toro Powerlite out to wipe the dust off of it too. Guess I must like red.

Now it seems I'm all dressed up with no party to go to.:mad: It can snow here any time!:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just did my oil with Mobile 1 and installed LED lights for night blowing. Im TOTALLY ready to hit the snow and make some cash :D

Im hoping these forcasters are right about the north east having an above average snow fall this winter!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Both my snow blowers are ready to go. 1 I have a scraper bar ordered but probably won't put it on for a bit as the old one has a bit more life left in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts