Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using a safety faceshield when blowing snow?
My situation is such that I sometimes have to blow snow into the wind and given the relatively low price of a faceshield, I have considered trying one.

Goggles would be a second choice if the faceshield doesn't work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW
I received several replies on another site and the recommendations were to forget the faceshield and use goggles and a facemask.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply and link.
The cabs were of some interest to me, but most of them seem to be geared towards two stage machines. My single stage Toro also has the "Quick Chute" system that wouldn't be easily accessible with most of the cabs I have seen.
They also seem to require more room for storage and that I wouldn't like.
Right now, the goggles and face mask seem to be my best bet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wear my snowmobile helmet! Sometimes I need to crack the face shield, but keeps the snow off my head even if I am bowing into the wind.
LOL
That's what got me to thinking about something like the faceshield.
At one time, I had a facemask that was made to divert your breath down to reduce the fogging of the faceshield. Can't find it now.
I do still wear my snowmobile suit when it is really cold and I have a lot of snow to blow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL
That's what got me to thinking about something like the faceshield.
At one time, I had a facemask that was made to divert your breath down to reduce the fogging of the faceshield. Can't find it now.
I do still wear my snowmobile suit when it is really cold and I have a lot of snow to blow.
You can buy the breath deflectors that are independent of a shield or helmet. These places have a lot of accessories for sleds.
http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/
J R Graham Powersports

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can buy the breath deflectors that are independent of a shield or helmet. These places have a lot of accessories for sleds.
Shade Tree Powersports - Snowmobile Parts, Accessories and Apparel Leader - ATV, Watersports, Harley-Davidson® and Metric
J R Graham Powersports
Thanks for the link.
They actually have one at a clearance price of $2 that is similar to what I remember.
Of course, add in the $3.95 handling charge and the $7.95 shipping charge and the total cost is $13.90. :)
I think I should check locally.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried doing it once with my hockey helmet on. It had on a half shield. I put on anti-fog spray on them and it did the job pretty good. You can get those sprays for really cheap at any sports shop.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I use safety goggles. Work awsome!! I wear glasses, and after a few min, they are so coverd with water that I cant see through them any more. The goggles work great!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use safety goggles. Work awsome!! I wear glasses, and after a few min, they are so coverd with water that I cant see through them any more. The goggles work great!!!
IMO thats about the best right there for a little safety and can wipe instead of your glasses. but i dont wear anything or sometime sun glasses not so bright safety wise. I have gotton over the fact that you get snow on you when you blow. Thats why i think i got a deal on my blower he didnt like snow and got an enclosed mini tractor that dosnt work 3/4 as good the one he sold me. He's happy I'm happy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts