Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered parts for servicing the anger and impeller, I ordered bolts 5 and 14 in the attached drawing, but forgot to order the nuts (parts 6 and 7). Would a regular nyloc nut and loctite work instead of the Honda nut?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
When I ordered parts for servicing the anger and impeller, I ordered bolts 5 and 14 in the attached drawing, but forgot to order the nuts (parts 6 and 7). Would a regular nyloc nut and loctite work instead of the Honda nut?
Don't use a nyloc. The nuts are 6mm & 8mm flanged jamb nuts. A hardware store should have them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It will be hard to find the exact thing in hardware store, not everyone has them, a lock but would do the trick in a pinch won’t affect anything I’ve done it before.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. There is metric here, and we still have imperial. I'll look for a flanged nut at the local hardware store.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you can't find them anywhere else, try an International Truck dealership - metric flanged lock nuts are quite common on International engines. They're a bit pricey, but probably no worse than from Honda.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, I would never have guessed crappy tire would have flanged nuts. I looked through home depot without finding any when I was installing my amour skids on my HSS928CT

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They have them in the fastener aisle in the drawers of the packaged fasteners. Big box home improvement store didn't have them.

CT had them to fit M8x1.25 and M 6x1.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts