·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warnings
5:12 AM AST Thursday 09 February 2017
Winter storm warning in effect for:

Lunenburg County
Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

An intensifying low pressure system will approach Nova Scotia from the southwest today and will track over Cape Breton Friday morning.

Snow, at times heavy, will develop over southwestern regions this afternoon and spread eastward this evening. The snow will become mixed with ice pellets during the evening hours near the Atlantic coast. Total snowfall amounts of 20 to 40 cm are expected. Strong northeasterly winds gusting to between 80 and 100 km/h will give extensive reduced visibilities in blowing snow.

Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays.

Winter storm warnings are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
We got nothing here in S.C. Pa. I'm happy. Haven't had to start the blowers a'tall this year. I did run the shovel down the sidewalk once this year and the snow was only about 1" deep. I can live with that.

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Registered
73 Posts
I guess we are getting a significant storm today, but unfortunately I am on a business trip in the midwest and I'm missing the weather event!!!

And I have my new Armorskids in my blower that I haven't even tried out yet!!!

Kind of worried about the wife and kids handling it without me there, but they'll be fine with help from neighbors. If I actually make it home as planned tomorrow, maybe there will be some snow left for me to blow still!

Dave

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Warnings
5:12 AM AST Thursday 09 February 2017
Winter storm warning in effect for:

Lunenburg County
Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

An intensifying low pressure system will approach Nova Scotia from the southwest today and will track over Cape Breton Friday morning.

Snow, at times heavy, will develop over southwestern regions this afternoon and spread eastward this evening. The snow will become mixed with ice pellets during the evening hours near the Atlantic coast. Total snowfall amounts of 20 to 40 cm are expected. Strong northeasterly winds gusting to between 80 and 100 km/h will give extensive reduced visibilities in blowing snow.

Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays.

Winter storm warnings are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.
Better you than me there,BROTHER COVE. I will be sunning myself if 50 degree weather here next week.:wavetowel2::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure wish there were temps in the 50's in my near future ! the storm was a bust......only about 15cm at my location, but man is it cold and windy now. hearing another nor easter is on its way for sunday/monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts