Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to see just what my new Toro 721 could do. We got 10 inches of snow last week and while it wasn't super wet is was far from fluffy. I had some drifts that were taller than the blower and she plowed right thru them. I also have an area where I have to blow straight ahead and then blow off into the yard, no problem. Later after the plow came by I had a chance to try the EOD and while it was a work out for me the blower had no problem. I think next time I'll get out the 2 stage for this since I have to do a spot in the yard anyway.

One thing I learned was when it's having a hard time pulling itself forward is to raise up on the handle bars instead of trying to push it, rookie mistake I suppose being new to a SS.

I think it's also easy on gas, this was the fourth time I used it and it ran out of gas just as I was pulling it back to the garage.

The other thing I really like is not having to eat snow, it's so easy to pull this thing backwards and blow with the wind compared to my 2 stage walking backwards.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There's a lot of tough comments I'm willing to take but bragging about snow is hitting below the belt. It's been 3 weeks since I added impeller paddles and it hasn't snowed since with next to nothing in the forecast through mid-Feb. I look at my snow thrower from the front and the housing smiles back at me like a Cheshire cat.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Tony, count your blessings. Gee... it sounds like they work really well for you. :wink: Maybe I should add a set to my impeller fan if they would chase the snow away.

There's a lot of tough comments I'm willing to take but bragging about snow is hitting below the belt. It's been 3 weeks since I added impeller paddles and it hasn't snowed since with next to nothing in the forecast through mid-Feb. I look at my snow thrower from the front and the housing smiles back at me like a Cheshire cat.

·
Registered
772 Posts
We got some snow in NE ohio last night about a foot if I had to guess. The ole ccr2000 blew right through it this morning love that little guy.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
glad you are liking your 721 duffy, people that have never used a good single stage snowblower are always saying what you can't do with it but we know better

·
Registered
97 Posts
True the lil singles don't get no respect till you use one for a while...
Yup. Love my HS720. All of the lots, driveways, etc are pretty much the same in my neighborhood. I clear my area and two neighbors' areas lickety split and go inside and watch my other neighbors lumber around with their two stages and just barely finishing their own driveway. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts